Get started with the Strength Culture RPE Programming Webinar
Included in the webinar series is:
Each of the 4 video are between 40-50 minutes in duration, 3.5 hours of total webinar.
Bonus content includes a downloaded link and a 'how-to' video for the use of Strength Culture's RPE based strength template.
Video 1 - Training Outcomes and Key Context w/ Jamie Smith.
- Discussion on strength and hypertrophy as training outcomes. Are they that dissimilar?
- Fast twitch fibre recruitment, how and why it is so important.
- Training load definitions and a breakdown of internal and external ‘load’.
- 'Stress' and 'intensity' best defined.
Video 2 - The 3 Key Principles of Strength Training w/ Jamie Smith and Charlie Athanassiou.
- Specificity and dynamic correspondence of biomechanics, psychological and energy systems.
- Fatigue management and the key concepts for both chronic and acute management.
- Phase potentiation, ensuring your athlete is ready for the stimulus at the right time in the training year.
Video 3 - The Pros and Cons of RPE Programming w/ Charlie Athanassiou
- The ‘over-shooter’ and ‘under-shooter’ explained.
- The personality traits that determine the success of RPE based programming.
- Why RPE is suitable for beginner lifters.
- Athlete RPE education strategies.
Video 4 - Building and Evaluating Training Cycles w/ Charlie Athanassiou and Jamie Smith
- The 4 main RPE programming strategies we use for strength and hypertrophy outcomes.
- When to use each of them and when not to use them.
- Volume/ Intensity landmarks for building microcycles.
- How to determine the success of your mesocycles for both strength and hypertrophy outcomes.
Additional resources included:
- Our RPE Programming template and a 15 minute video explaining how to use it with your clients and athletes.
- A downloadable link to the lecture slides for you to follow along at home and take notes.
- A link of all resources we discuss, including all literature and articles.